Satay BBQ sauce is delicious! This sauce is usually used as a dip when having a Chinese hot pot dinner but it is absolutely fantastic when stir fried with vegetables or meat. I use it as my secret weapon ingredient for that extra zing when I want a dish that's easy to make but tastes like I laboured for hours over. The asparagus provided an almost neutral, light balance to the slight spiciness and saltiness of the bbq sauce. The bbq taste fully penetrated the fish chunks and were perfectly cooked - creamy and smooth.
The magic ingredient
Satay Fried Sea Bass and Asparagus
1lb asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 2" sections
1lb sea bass, fresh or frozen, cut into 2" chunks
1 tablespoon oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons bullshead bbq sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1/8 cup water
1. Heat oil in pan and add garlic. Cook until fragrant.
2. Add asparagus and cook for a minute. Add water and cover for 2 minutes.
3. Add sea bass chunks and stir to mix with asparagus. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add bbq sauce and stir to coat. Cover for another minute, then add soy sauce and chili garlic sauce. Taste and add more soy sauce or bbq sauce as desired.
5. Plate and serve with fluffy rice.