This was a great quick and easy dinner. Simple but tasty! I'm not a fan of green peppers usually but the tartness of the green peppers brought out the sweetness in the marinated beef and the crispness of the peppers contrasted well with the tenderness of the beef.
Stir frying in the pan
Green Peppers with Beef
1lb beef, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red chili, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon baking soda
2 green peppers, cut into large chunks
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon shao xing wine
1 tablespoon mirin
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1. Sprinkle baking soda over sliced beef and leave for 10 minutes.
2. Wash beef thoroughly of baking soda. Dry beef with paper towels.
3. Mix marinade ingredients and pour over beef. Coat beef thoroughly with marinade.
4. Heat oil in pan and add minced garlic and sliced chili. Cook until fragrant.
5. Add beef to pan and cook for 2 minutes until beef is slightly browned.
6. Add peppers to pan and mix beef and peppers together. Stir fry until peppers are cooked but still crispy. Taste and if desired, add soy sauce.
7. Plate and serve.