Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Japanese Kare

I love all curries, and Japanese kare is no exception. I used the ready made paste this time but I found a recipe for home made spice paste so I might try that next time. I didn't have any onions but I've added it to the ingredient list anyway.


This is the instant curry paste I used


Japanese Kare

Ingredients
1lb chicken pieces
1 tablespoon oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, cubed
2 potatoes, cubed
1 sweet potato, cubed
7 mushrooms, halved
Glico curry paste, medium hot

Directions
1. Heat oil in pan and add onions, carrots, potatoes and sweet potato. Stir and cook for 2 minutes until vegetables slightly soften and brown.
2. Add chicken pieces and mix vegetables and chicken together in pan.
3. Add enough water to half cover the chicken and vegetables in pan. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and cook another 5-10 minutes until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.
5. Add as much or as little of the curry paste as desired and keep tasting after each addition. Turn of heat and cover and let sit for 10 minutes to allow curry to thicken and flavours to develop.
6. Serve with rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment